Friday, April 13, 2012

Images of Opening Day

For the amount of complaining I've done, this whole turning 30 thing isn't turning out too badly.  Last night, I saw Jesus Christ Superstar (which was amazing!).  Tomorrow, Wicked.  Sunday, Titanic in 3D (on the actual 100th anniversary of the sinking).  But today takes the cake.  My final day as a 20-something was also a first.  It was my first Opening Day.  Thanks to my boss, Steve, who asked me if I wanted to go to the Yankee game for my birthday.  The answer to that question was an unequivocal "Yes!"

So how'd my first Opening Day go?  See for yourself (there are a lot more pictures on my Facebook page):


Number 42.  Mariano Rivera.  Number 42.

Number 52.  CC Sabathia.  Number 52.

Leading off.  The shortstop.  Number 2.  Derek Jeter.  Number 2.


Jorge Posada throws out the first pitch.


...And Hiroki Kuroda throws the first official pitch at Yankee Stadium this season.

I don't know if you heard, but the Angels got some guy named Albert during the offseason.

This season's first Yankee Stadium home run was A-Rod's 630th, tying him with my all-time favorite player (Ken Griffey, Jr.) for fifth all-time.

Curtis Granderson went yard, too.

Yankees win!  Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!

And just to make the weekend come completely full-circle, the guy who plays Jesus sang "God Bless America."


No comments:

Post a Comment