Thursday, January 15, 2015

The 2015 USATF Calendar-My Version

The 2015 calendar on my wall is a U.S. Olympic Team calendar.  It might seem pretty odd to have an Olympic calendar in a non-Olympic year, but it was free with one of their donation things and I didn't have a 2015 calendar yet, so I decided to hang it up.  (My Yankees calendar, which runs from April-March is in my office.)

Then today my friend Milos got a 2015 USA Track & Field calendar in the mail.  I'm not a USATF member, which is probably why I didn't get that calendar, but that doesn't mean I didn't want one.  Then I went through and looked at it, and I decided not so much.  There are plenty of other athletes I would've put in there over the ones that were included.  I get it, they needed to include men and women from all the different events.  But I'd rather see a calendar consisting of USA Track & Field's hottest girls.

Since I have free rein over what gets posted here, that's exactly what we're going to do.  So, may I present, my version of the 2015 USA Track & Field calendar...

January: Georganne Moline
She made the finals in the 400 hurdles at
the London Olympics.

February: Rachel Yurkovich
If you're hot enough to be in the ESPN Body Issue, you're hot
enough to be in my calendar.

March: Brianna Rollins
She had quite a year in 2013, winning the NCAA,
U.S. and World Championships.
April: Emma Coburn
She dominated the steeplechase last year.
If only there had been an Olympics/Worlds...

May: Laura Roesler
She just turned pro after four years at Oregon
and won the 2014 Bowerman, track's Heisman.

June: Allyson Felix
After three World Championships and two Olympic silvers, she
finally won Olympic gold in the 200 in London.
 
July: Shannon Rowbury
She won bronze at the World Championships in the 1500 in 2009,
and made the final in the 5000 at Worlds in 2013.
 
August: Anna Willard
She's long been one of my favorites.  Hasn't
raced much since 2012 due to injuries.
 
September: Lolo Jones
The only bobsledder on the list, she first became
known for tripping over the last hurdle in Beijing.
 
October: Jenn Suhr
The gold medalist in the pole vault in London,
and the indoor world record holder for a little while.
 
November: Brenda Martinez
She won the bronze in the 800 at the
2013 World Championships.


December: Maggie Vessey
She was hot long before she was
known only for her different uniforms.

There are also plenty of honorable mentions to go around, but those are the 12 that made the cut.  Are you starting to realize why I like track & field so much?

No comments:

Post a Comment