Thursday, January 30, 2014

Outdoor Hockey at Yankee Stadium

I had a very special experience tonight.  I was one of the 50,000 fortunate souls that was at Yankee Stadium for the NHL Stadium Series game between the Rangers and the Islanders.  Yes, it was cold.  No, I didn't care.  One of the most memorable sporting experiences I've ever had.  This is just a sampling of the pictures I took at the Stadium tonight.  Enjoy.

 
This was the view from our seats in the right center field bleachers.
 
The best seats in the house for Yankees games ain't too bad for hockey either.
 
If you ask me, this picture is worth more than $950.

The one with all eight retired numbers is pretty cool, too.
 
The NHL Network set in right field.
 
Cee-Lo performed before the game and between the 1st and 2nd periods.
 
The Rangers take the ice.
 
The opening face-off.
 
Rangers win!  Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Rangers win!
 
 
 
The postgame handshake line.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment